As a web application developer, we have to support our application in every (at least recognized) web browsers. That’s why after developing our application, we have to check it in Internet Explorer. And we all know well, if there is the worst browser, then it is IE. However, we need to install IE in Ubuntu linux to check
our application properly. Here is a way:
- First install wine. sudo get-apt install wine
- Next install cabextract. sudo get-apt install cabextract
- Now download ies4linux. You could download it by running this command .
- Unzip the file. tar zxvf ies4linux-latest.tar.gz
- Go to the directory. cd ies4linux-*
- Run the application. ./ies4linux
You could install IE 5.5, 6 and 7. I successfully installed IE 6.
[ via mahmudahsan ]